Follow Us

Log in

cape san juan homeowners association

Log in


Residential and commercial burn permits are available for purchase.  Residential permits allow for fires up to ten feet in diameter.  The permit is valid from October thru June of each year. Permits may be purchased from the fire district headquarters on Orcas, San Juan, Lopez and Shaw Islands.  They may also be purchased online from the San Juan County Fire Marshal’s website.

Commercial permits are required for larger fires.  Because a site inspection is necessary prior to the permit being issued, commercial permits cannot be purchased online.  However, an inspection request can be sent online from the San Juan County Fire Marshal’s website.  Commercial permits are valid for 30 days from the date that they’re issued.

Recreational fires – those that are less than two feet in diameter – do not require a permit.

All outdoor fires are limited to natural wood and vegetation.  Treated wood, plastics, trash and other debris may not be burned at any time, with or without a permit.  Burn barrels are prohibited by state law.

Contact 360-378-FIRE for any other questions.

Note: Property owners are reminded that much of the material that is burned each year could be chipped instead and used as mulch or ground covering.  Check the phone book and classified ads for local businesses that offer chippers for rent or chipping and brush clearing services.


About us

We are a homeowners association established to manage and maintain the Cape San Juan neighborhood on San Juan Island in WA state.

Contact us

Cape San Juan Homeowners Association

P.O. Box 1825

Friday Harbor, WA 98250


Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software