Hello Capers! Guess what time it is? Time to open the Cape San Juan pool for the season!
We are happy to announce that we will open our community pool in accordance with State and County recommendations this Saturday May 29th. Because of the nature of our pool not being full-time staffed, we need to take unique precautions to keep everyone safe.
We will not be using a reservation system this year, but it is CRITICAL that we all respect the below rules so that we can remain safe and open. (Parents of teenagers, I'm talking to YOU!) This is all subject to change at any time as the virus and its precautions are unpredictable and change fluidly.
POOL HOURS: 10:00AM – 8:00PM
Here are a few reminders for safety and rules:
• STAY HEALTHY. Do not visit the pool or community area if you or any of your family members are feeling ill. Please adhere to San Juan County mask guidance.
- Max capacity for pool area is 30 people. Please maintain distance from other visitors as much as possible.
- Children 15 & under are most at risk while vaccinations are still being distributed. Please keep this in mind and maintain distance.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, please consider wearing your facemasks upon entry and exit and inside bathrooms, as recommended by San Juan County.
• GEL IN. GEL OUT. Hand sanitizer will be available outside and inside the pool gate for use when contacting surfaces.
• PACK IT IN. PACK IT OUT. Bathrooms will be open and will be stocked with sanitized cloths and gel. Please feel free to spray down surfaces. Please consider taking any trash home with you as you would at a campsite.
• REQUIRED: Sign IN and OUT in the logbook.
- Required information: Date, Cape resident/property owner, address, guest name if applicable.
- Cape resident/property owner or immediate family MUST accompany family members and guests and be present at ALL TIMES.
• Children 13 and under must have a responsible adult, 18 years or older, present. Children 13 through 17 must have at least one other person present.
• Gate must be closed and kept locked at all times - please make sure it closes behind you.
• No smoking, food, alcoholic beverages, or glass containers inside pool area. It attracts ants and leaves a mess. Food can be consumed at picnic tables outside by the community hall.
• Children not potty-trained are required to wear swim diapers.
• No flotation devices or toys will be supplied by the Cape Pool. Small flotation toys only. Please take your toys home each day.
• Remember that this is a VOLUNTEER-RUN COMMUNITY – be respectful.